Say It Loud!: a photography contest in support of the Prague 4 Orphanage
You can enter into a photo competition too! Photo Upload
A group of companies in Prague, belonging to the Omnicom network, have teamed up to organize a charity project in support of the „Detske Centrum“ orphanage in Prague 4. This orphanage (Detske Centrum) provides full care to newborns and small children coming from a threatened environment (drugs, child abuse...), abandoned handicapped children and orphans up to six years of age. For more information, see www.ftn.cz/index.php?id=2409.
How can you participate?
Dig through your photo archive or take new pictures and upload them to the Photo Upload section of www.sayitloud.cz.
Our team will then post your photos on the Czech portal called: www.rajce.net website, into the Say It Loud section. The theme is „How young children communicate“– (i.e. children talking, smiling, grimacing etc).
Your photo will be evaluated both by the public (where you can also vote for your favorite photo right within the portal), as well as by a professional jury of photographers.
To vote on the www.rajce.net portal, click on “Prihlasena Fotoalba” which will display all uploaded photo albums. Next to each album is a red button called “hlasovat” which means vote (vote can be cancelled by pushing the green button “zrusit hlasovani”. The best photos in both categories will be awarded.
In addition, a set of the best submitted photos will be printed and sold at an auction on September 14th at the Vysehrad Castle in Prague. The funds from this auction will be donated to the Detske Centrum Orphanage.
Who is this contest for?
Photography lovers, who want to join us in supporting the children at the Detske Centrum Orphanage.
12.8. – 31.8.2008 – upload your pictures to the www.sayitloud.cz website any time during the last three weeks in August 2008. You can also participate in the vote for your favorite photo on the www.rajce.net site.
1.9. – 10.9. – evaluation of submitted photos by the jury of professional photographers
14.9.2008 – the auction of selected photos at the Stare Purkrabstvi area of the Vysehrad Castle and the announcement of the winners of both contests (best photo as voted by the public + best 3 photos selected by the professional jury).
The authors of the best 3 photos selected by the jury of professional photographers will be awarded Sony digital reflex camera.
The winner of the public poll will be awarded a subscription to the Digitální foto magazine for the year 2009.
Organizing Committee: This contest is officially being organized by Omnicom Media Group, s.r.o., registration number 275 66 242 in co-operation with other companies belonging to Omnicom. Omnicom Group (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a strategic holding company that manages a portfolio of global market leaders in the disciplines of advertising, marketing services, specialty communications, interactive/digital media and media buying services. In the Czech Republic, the following Omnicom companies have teamed up under the joint brand of Omnicom Cares: Attention! Media, DDB, Fleishman-Hillard, MARK BBDO, OMD Czech, PHD a TBWA.
Say It Loud!: Rules of participation
- The competition takes place from 11.8. to 31.8.2008.
- During the duration of the contest, you can upload your photographs with the theme: „How small children communicate“to the section called Say It Loud! - Only photos with this theme will be evaluated.
- Your photo album can contain several photos, all of which must meet the following minimal technical criteria: 3000x2000 points.
- The photograph must fulfil the general conditions of use as established by the owner of the website: (www.rajce.idnes.cz/pravidla).
- Any person can participate, regardless of age or nationality, including employees of Omnicom companies. Underaged participants (younger than 18 years of age) shall be represented by their legal representative.
- The photo album can only be created by the actual author of the photographs. The author must also be able to supply the organizing team with the original of the photograph, should it be requested. Each participant can only submit one photo album, with an unlimited amount of photos. Only the first submitted album will be judged, while all subsequently submitted albums by the same participant will be excluded from the competition.
- The winners will be selected by two independent juries. The first is a jury of professional photographers which will be made up of the following three people: Anna Mrázek Kovačič, Tomáš Třeštík and Miroslav Buček. The second is a jury made up of any participants of the public vote (visitors to the www.rajce.net Say It Loud! website).
- The prizes in the professional jury vote are three Sony digital reflex cameras. The winner of the public vote will receive a subscription to Digitální foto magazine for the year 2009.
- In order to enter the competition, participants must register using a functional email address. This email address will be used for all correspondence regarding the competition. If the participant can not be reached at the email address submitted during registration, the prize will be passed on to the next eligible candidate. Awards will be handed over at the auction of selected photos at the Stare Purkrabstvi area of the Vysehrad Castle, Prague 2 on 14.9. 2008.
- The award cannot be enforced by law, nor can financial compensation be claimed.
- The photos selected by the jury of professional photographers will be printed and sold in an auction on 14.9.2008 at the Stare Purkrabstvi area of the Vysehrad Castle in Prague 2. The
- funds will be donated to the Detske Centrum Orphanage in Prague 4. At the same occasion, professional photographs donated by members of the jury will also be sold in the auction.
- Participants in the competition automatically give consent to the Organizer to use the submitted (uploaded) photos in any presentation materials connected with the Say It Loud! Charity project on the internet, in print media, as well as at the charity auction, at no compensation to the participant. Consent is also given to producing prints of the photographs and selling them at the charity auction, with raised funds being donated to the Dětské centrum in Prague 4. Should the participant´s photo/photo album be selected for sale at the auction, the participant agrees to enter into a written license agreement which will grant the Organizer or his team the rights to use the image in printed format, without limit to the amount of prints or time scope.
- In accordance with law no. 101/2000 Sb, the participant grants approval for the use of submitted personal information for the purposes of contacting the participant, evaluating submitted photographs in the competition, and for the aforementioned marketing of the event by the Organizing team. This approval is granted for an indefinite period, and can be recalled by the participant at any time.
- By registering into the competition, the participant agrees to follow the rules of the competition as set by the Organizing team, and agrees to abide by them. In the case that a participant violates these rules, the Organizing team reserves the right to disqualify the participant from the competition.
- The Organizing team reserves the right to modify the rules of participation at any time during the competition, or to postpone or terminate the competition without providing any further compensation.
- The contest is officially being organized by Omnicom Media Group, s.r.o., registration number 275 66 242, in co-operation with other companies belonging to Omnicom. Omnicom Group (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a strategic holding company that manages a portfolio of global market leaders in the disciplines of advertising, marketing services, specialty communications, interactive/digital media and media buying services. In the Czech Republic, the following Omnicom companies have teamed up under the joint brand of Omnicom Cares: Attention! Media, DDB, Fleishman-Hillard, MARK BBDO, OMD Czech, PHD a TBWA.
- For issues not covered hereinabove, the competition is governed by the law of the Czech Republic, with the exception of conflict rule within the international standards of private law.